Be a Volunteer Driver
You can make a world of difference to an older neighbor who needs a ride to medical appointments.
If you have:
- A desire to help someone in the community
- A valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Are over 21 years old, and
- Own a dependable vehicle
- Set your own hours
- Provide as few or as many trips as you would like -- one ride a week, a month, or a year will make a difference!
- Check your references
- Pay for motor vehicle and criminal background checks
- Train you in the use of our optional online ride management program
- Provide auto liability and volunteer liability insurances at our expense to supplement your own personal policies
By becoming a volunteer driver, you will provide older adults in your community with a service that helps them to live independent, healthy and satisfying lives.
To sign up:
Call: (914) 764-3533
Or email: email@example.com
Or go online: http://westfairrides.org
How do we match Riders with volunteer Drivers?
Once you are registered as a driver, you will be able to go online to select the rides you wish to provide and to let us know that you completed the trip. Or you may call the office and we will do it for you. Our Coordinator may also call you to see if you are available.